Personalized Christmas Ornament

I try to have my Christmas shopping all done by the end of November, well minus the fruit and candy for Christmas day.  But I'm down to the last week of the month, so I'll be doing some power shopping this weekend to finish up.  I like to actually enjoy the month of December without all the hustle and bustle. 

When wrapping gifts, I like to tie a little something on the outside of the gift - usually something small, a treat or a Christmas ornament.  Well a few weeks ago I was in Michael's and came across these letters in their dollar bins, which were $1.50 each.  I snatched a few of them up and decided to make them into personalized Christmas ornaments.



The unfinished letters were either too big or not big enough, so these were the perfect size for an ornament.


I didn't really like the bright colors though and wanted to make them a little more neutral.  So I painted them a gray color, just white craft paint with a couple drops of black paint.


I also covered them with some scrapbook paper using Mod Podge.


I attached an eye screw to the top so it could hang from the tree.  Then I added a little tag with the last name, some ribbon and a little bling.


They are pretty simple, but turned out so cute.  I ended up making about 7 different ones.  So this weekend while you're shopping check out Michael's dollar bins.

Comments

  1. Kathy... I'm so jealous that your shopping is all done... I've been a major slacker this year... okay maybe the past several years..lol. I love your idea of using the letters...Keep up the awesome ideas and Merry Christmas to you and your family... Vic

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment.

Popular Posts