Decorating with Candy

Valentine's Day is a perfect holiday to decorate with candy.  Red hots, candy hearts, gum balls and jelly beans are perfect to use to fill glass jars to help decorate for the holiday.  I found some pink, white and red jelly beans and decided they would be perfect for my apothecary jar.


Instead of just throwing them all together in the jar, I decided to separate them.  My little helper loved doing this project.


The kid didn't eat a single one, until the end when he asked nicely if he could have one.  I gave him a few for his hard work.  Then we layered them in the jar.


And put them up on the cupboards to add a pop of color.


Even though they are mostly for looks and high on the cupboards, my husband likes to snitch a few here and there.  We'll see if they last until Valentine's.  So do you decorate with candy for the holidays?

Comments

  1. I love using candy as decorations! I love the layered look you created. Too cute! And I'm not talking about just the candy here either! ;) Your little helper is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how big your little helper is getting. He is still as cute as ever...

    We love decorating with candy too, for all the holidays! However, we put a toilet paper or paper towel roll in the middle of the jar of candy (put a crinkled paper towel in each end so it doesn't fill up with candy) then you use less candy which leaves more for the little helper to eat. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment.

Popular Posts