English Toffee


Okay, I have to admit, I have never even tried to make English Toffee.  I always thought I would mess it up.  But last week I found a recipe here that I thought I would give a try.  So Friday night about 9:00 p.m. after the boys went to bed, I figured it was a great time to try it.  That way it could cool overnight.  I followed the directions, except I had to cook mine for about 12 min to get to the right hardness and I didn't add the almonds.  I don't have a candy thermometer either, so I just had to wing it.



It sat overnight and then in the morning I added the chocolate and nuts (on part of it).  Luckily for me, it turned out to be pretty delicious.  We passed some out to the neighbors to try too. 


So have you tried baking anything new this year? 

Comments

Popular Posts