Master Bedroom - Day 1 Lighting

I have been working on my bedroom for the last year - ya know a little here and a little there.  So this week I'll be showing you a little each day.

Last March we ripped out our carpet upstairs.  I figured since the carpet was gone I might as well paint too.

Here's what we started with.


The spots on the wall are paint colors I was testing. 


Our bedroom is on the East side of the house, so it gets morning sun, but by afternoon it's pretty dark.  All the colors I picked - tans and grays were all too dark.  I didn't want to feel like I was living in a cave, so I decided to go with a really light tan, almost a dark cream color.


Here it is painted and with the new carpet.  We have the same carpet in our entire house - a variegated short shag.  I also cleaned out the closet and got that painted.


So that's the room.  Now on to the "stuff" that goes in it.  First I want to show you what I got for Christmas this year - lamps.  The shades are from Shopko.


They are dark brown and I just luuurve the design on the shade. It also has this great trim edge.  Love the detail.


The base I got at Walmart - can you believe it.  It's Better Homes and Garden brand.  Isn't it just lovely.  I love the cream with the brown glaze.  I scored the bases for $9.00 each on clearance.


But the thing that I love most about these lamps is the 3-way lighting.  So many times you find a great looking lamp, but it's only on or off.


I love being able to adjust the brightness of the lamps, whether I'm reading or lying in bed watching a little TV.  Actually all the lamps we own are 3-way - I love 'em. 


 
And I love that I got two, because for the longest time we only had one lamp in our bedroom and now I finally have my own lamp. 
 
Are you a 3-way or 2-way kinda lamp person?

Comments

  1. Hi Kathy! Your bedroom is coming along great! I love how you get a different color lampshade depending on if the lamp is on or off, it looks great both ways!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment.

Popular Posts