July - All About Flags!!

Okay, so I love to decorate for the 4th of July. It's a great American holiday. Who doesn't love a little red, white and blue? I put up my Americana decor right before Memorial Day, so we have been enjoying it all summer. Well I had an extra 4x4 post lying around so I decided to use it to make a flag.

Here's what I started with:



Paint some lines, add a wooden star with a little wood glue and a bit of stain for the antique look - and there you go - instant FLAG!!!



Looks great on my baker's rack. I just love it.



Hope you're having a great summer too. It's almost time to put away those flags and get out the fall decor - can you belive it??? Man, this summer is flying by.

Comments

  1. Kathy, all of your americana stuff looks great! I love decorating for the 4th of July too! I just love the pops of colors!
    You are so sweet to ask about our house etc...we are still here, and actually thinking that we will stay...there is a couple interested in the house, but they had previously put an offer in on a short sale, but wanted to get back with us if that fell through...so we'll see, in the meantime, I think we will take advantage of the good rates, and refinance...that way if we stay we are good too. Thanks for asking...I have been a TERRIBLE blogger lately!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment.

Popular Posts